About Our Greensboro DWI and Criminal Defense Law Firm
Serving Guilford County in courtrooms and in the community for more than 65 combined years
Locke Clifford has been at the forefront of criminal defense in North Carolina since 1973. In the ensuing decades, he has seen the community grow and the legal landscape change, but has remained dedicated to providing the highest quality defense for his clients.
The team of Locke T. Clifford, Andrew C. Clifford and Daniel A. Harris represent several generations of excellence and a legacy of success. Thousands of clients in North Carolina have relied on our knowledge and experience to protect their rights in corporate and individual criminal matters in state and federal courts.
What differentiates our attorneys?
In addition to our considerable criminal defense experience, our attorneys are widely recognized for excellence:
- Both Locke and Andrew served as an assistant district attorney in Guilford County.
- Locke Clifford is certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in federal and state criminal law.
- Locke Clifford:
- Is AV® Preeminent(TM) Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®. The AV rating is the highest given and denotes very high ethical standards and legal ability
- Has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for 20 years
- Consistently listed in North Carolina SuperLawyers for over a decade
- Member of the North Carolina Legal Elite Hall of Fame
- 2014 Recipient of Top Ten Attorney Award from the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Andrew Clifford
- 2014 through 2018 Member of North Carolina Business Legal Elite for Criminal Defense
- 2015, 2016 and 2017 Superlawyers “Rising Star”
- 10.0 Rating on Avvo.com
- Daniel Harris
- 2015 through 2018 Member of North Carolina Business Legal Elite for Criminal Defense
- 2015 through 2018 Member of North Carolina Business Legal Elite for “Young Guns”
- 2018 selection to Superlawyers “Rising Star” list
Clifford & Harris, PLLC focuses almost exclusively on criminal defense for business and individual clients. Our experience encompasses all felonies, including white collar crimes and such violent crimes as sex crimes, murder, assault and domestic violence. We also handle misdemeanors, DWI, traffic violations and driver’s license suspension.
More than just lawyers
Because of our decades of experience, we have served as leaders in state and local legal organizations. We also consider service to the greater community to be a natural extension of our practice. Our lawyers support the work of the Legal Aid of North Carolina by handling cases for LANC in Greensboro and through contributions.
They and their wives have served on community boards, been active in community organizations and supported local projects and charitable and service organizations.
Communication is paramount
At Clifford & Harris, PLLC, our focus is on the client. Our entire staff is attuned to meeting the needs of each one. We try to make the intake process as simple as possible by:
- Having court records and other documents ready in advance of client interactions.
- Promptly scheduling appointments for consultations and for meetings.
Our attorneys and staff return calls and emails as quickly as possible. We want to be respectful of your time and try to avoid delaying or rescheduling appointments when possible. Our attorneys’ assistants are in constant contact with them. Do not hesitate to communicate your needs to them.
Our law firm offers several options for paying your legal fees. We accept credit cards online, in person and over the phone. We can devise a payment plan and permit deferred payment with a signed fee agreement prior to your first court date. We also accept cash, checks and money orders.
Our law firm is grateful and proud that a significant portion of our new business is generated by referrals from existing and past clients. We work hard to provide excellent service so that your experience with our office is a good one. Please let us know what we can do to improve.
A premier law firm for criminal defense in Greensboro and High Point
The attorneys at Clifford & Harris, PLLC know what is required to protect your interests in even the most complex criminal matters. Contact us at 336-574-2788 or online for a no-risk, free consultation with an attorney who has a demonstrated record of success.