GUILFORD COUNTY PROSTITUTION DEFENSE LAWYERS
You deserve a qualified Greensboro criminal law attorney
Prostitution — selling or agreeing to sell sex for money — is a longstanding problem in many communities. Consequently, police consistently conduct prostitution sting operations and arrests.
If you have been arrested for offering to sell or for selling sex, in person or on the Internet, you are entitled to the same caliber of representation as any other criminal defendant. At Clifford & Harris, PLLC, our attorneys pursue every possible avenue of defense, including:
- Mistake — You had no intention of engaging in sex or were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Insufficient evidence — Is there a recording or other documented evidence that you agreed to sell sex? Did the conversation go beyond banter and actually result in an agreement or an exchange of money? Is the evidence trustworthy? A lack of such evidence makes it harder for prostitution charges to stick.
- Entrapment — When undercover agents lure people into conversations, the innocent might be caught in the snare.
- Coercion — If you are a victim of human trafficking or are otherwise forced into prostitution, this defense may produce results.
Our clients include those accused of:
- Abetting prostitution (pimping or operating a brothel)
- Loitering for prostitution
We also defend alleged customers charged with solicitation of a prostitute.
A prostitution arrest can be devastating, gravely impacting your relationship with friends and family. Even more devastating is a conviction.
Conviction for prostitution is a misdemeanor. If you are convicted of a single prostitution charge within one year, it is a second-degree Class 1 misdemeanor punishable by probation. Two or more violations within one year constitute a first-degree Class 1 misdemeanor punishable by jail time of one to three years.
If you have been arrested for prostitution, do not hesitate to seek help from our qualified criminal defense attorneys. We protect your rights and handle your case with discretion.
Greensboro attorneys treating clients with respect
Count on Clifford & Harris, PLLC to represent your interests in even the most sensitive cases. Our attorneys have the reputation and knowledge to achieve the best results in prostitution cases. Contact us at 336-574-2788 or online for a free consultation that could make a difference in your case.