About Our Greensboro DWI and Criminal Defense Law Firm
Serving Guilford County in courtrooms and in the community for more than 50 combined years
The Clifford Division of Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP has been at the forefront of criminal defense in North Carolina since 1973. In the ensuing decades, we have seen our community grow and the legal landscape change, but one thing has remained constant -- our dedication to professionalism and integrity.
The father-son team of Locke T. Clifford and Andrew C. Clifford and their associate Daniel A. Harris represents several generations of excellence and a legacy of success. Thousands of clients in North Carolina have relied on our knowledge and experience to protect their rights in corporate and individual criminal matters in state and federal courts.
What differentiates our attorneys?
In addition to our considerable criminal defense experience, our attorneys are widely recognized for excellence:
- Both Locke and Andrew served as an assistant district attorney in Guilford County.
- Locke Clifford is certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in federal and state criminal law.
- Locke Clifford:
- Is AV® Preeminent(TM) Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®. The AV rating is the highest given and denotes very high ethical standards and legal ability.
- Has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for 20 years.
- Consistently listed in North Carolina SuperLawyers.
- Member of the North Carolina Legal Elite Hall of Fame.
- 2014 Recipient of Top Ten Attorney Award from the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Andrew Clifford
- 2014-16 Member of North Carolina Business Legal Elite for Criminal Defense
- 2016 Superlawyers "Rising Star"
- 10.0 Rating on Avvo.com
- Daniel Harris
- 2015-16 Member of North Carolina Business Legal Elite for Criminal Defense
- 2015-16 Member of North Carolina Business Legal Elite for "Young Guns"
- 2014 Avvo.com Clients' Choice award and 5-star Rating
The Clifford Division focuses only on criminal defense for business and individual clients. Our experience encompasses all felonies, including white collar crimes and such violent crimes as sex crimes, murder, assault and domestic violence. We also handle misdemeanors, DWI, traffic violations and driver's license suspension.
More than just lawyers
Because of our decades of experience, we have served as leaders in state and local legal organizations. We also consider service to the greater community to be a natural extension of our practice. Our lawyers support the work of the Legal Aid of North Carolina by handling cases for LANC in Greensboro and through contributions.
They and their wives have served on community boards, been active in community organizations and supported local projects and charitable and service organizations.
Communication is paramount
At The Clifford Division, our focus is on the client. Our entire staff is attuned to meeting the needs of each one. We try to make the intake process as simple as possible by:
- Offering in-house translation services in Spanish for interviews and written documents. Translation for other languages is available.
- Having court records and other documents ready in advance of client interactions.
- Promptly scheduling appointments for consultations and for meetings.
Our attorneys and staff return calls and emails as quickly as possible. We want to be respectful of your time and try to avoid delaying or rescheduling appointments when possible. Our attorneys' assistants are in constant contact with them. Do not hesitate to communicate your needs to them.
Our law firm offers several options for paying your legal fees. We accept credit cards in person and over the phone. We can devise a payment plan and permit deferred payment with a signed fee agreement prior to your first court date. We also accept cash, checks and money orders.
We can work with you regarding the new $20.00 fee implemented by the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) for deferred payment of court costs. We handle this on a case-by-case basis.
Our law firm is grateful and proud that a significant portion of our new business is generated by referrals from existing and past clients. We work hard to provide excellent service so that your experience with our office is a good one. Please let us know what we can do to improve.
A premier law firm for criminal defense in Greensboro and High Point
Attorneys at The Clifford Division know what is required to protect your interests in even the most complex criminal matters. Contact us at 336-574-2788 or online for a no-risk, free consultation with an attorney who has a demonstrated record of success.
Cases We Handle
- Criminal cases in North Carolina District Court and Superior Court in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- 50B and 50C protection order cases in both North Carolina District Courts in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- Federal criminal cases
- Misdemeanors in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina in Greensboro, Winston-Salem and sometimes Statesville and Durham
- Felonies in all four cities and on a case-by-case basis in any federal court in the United States
- Federal civil forfeiture cases, post-conviction work and investigations
on an individual basis
- Private prosecutions in state court on a case-by-case basis