Greensboro, NC Speeding Ticket Lawyers
Avoid fines and points with an attorney who knows the law
You know that uh-oh feeling when you see the flashing lights in the rearview mirror. Your day has been ruined, and you dread the coming hassle of dealing with a traffic ticket. Wouldn't it be easier just to pay the fine and move on?
At The Clifford Division of Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP, we advise clients never just to pay the ticket. Doing so is pleading guilty. You will receive points on your license and your insurance rates most likely will go up. If you accumulate enough points, your driver's license will be suspended.
You have the right to challenge a speeding ticket and to hire an attorney to negotiate a reduced charge on your behalf. A lawyer in The Clifford Division of Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP in Greensboro helps you assert that right. We help keep your driving record clean. Our attorneys have helped hundreds of clients fight speeding and traffic violations in Guilford County over the decades.
In North Carolina, speeding violations carry a penalty of three points and the following fines:
|Speed over the limit, under 80 mph||Court cost, plus fine of:|
|16+ over (only if posted limit under 55mph)||$50|
|Exceeding safe speed or posted speed (where actual speed not specified)||$25|
|Speeding in school zone||$250|
|Driving too slowly||$25|
|Speeding in a work zone||$250|
|Failure to reduce speed to avoid accident||$50|
In addition, if you are cited for traveling more than 80 mph, your license is suspended for 30 days. If you were driving recklessly at the same time, the suspension is 60 days. Similarly, traveling 15 mph above the limit (and at least 55 mph) in a municipality can earn a 30-day suspension.
Defenses to speeding violations
Our attorneys use a number of strategies to help protect your license and your wallet. Each case is unique. Accordingly, we tailor our defense to the facts of your specific case. Some options include:
- Was the speed limit properly posted?
- Was the correct violation charged?
- Was the radar calibrated?
- Was the pace calibrated?
- Was the officer properly trained to use the device?
- Was it used correctly?
Effective defense of speeding tickets in Guilford County, NC
If you live locally or out of state, The Clifford Division can successfully fight your speeding violation. Our experience in this area is substantial. You owe it to yourself to contact us for a free consultation about your case.
Contact us at 336-574-2788 or online.
Cases We Handle
- Criminal cases in North Carolina District Court and Superior Court in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- 50B and 50C protection order cases in both North Carolina District Courts in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- Federal criminal cases
- Misdemeanors in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina in Greensboro, Winston-Salem and sometimes Statesville and Durham
- Felonies in all four cities and on a case-by-case basis in any federal court in the United States
- Federal civil forfeiture cases, post-conviction work and investigations
on an individual basis
- Private prosecutions in state court on a case-by-case basis