Sex Crimes Defense Attorneys in Greensboro
Protecting the rights of Guilford County defendants since 1973
At The Clifford Division of Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP, we understand the devastating impact a conviction for a sex crime or for child pornography can have on your ability to work, on your reputation and on your family. In addition to prison time and steep fines, you may be required to register as a sex offender. Word quickly spreads to your neighbors, co-workers, friends and family, and the registration may follow you no matter where you move.
Our criminal defense attorneys are committed to protecting the rights of sex crimes defendants. We have handled many of these cases with sensitivity, discretion and with good outcomes.
The Greensboro lawyers you want when you are in serious trouble
Locke Clifford has considerable experience in this difficult area of law, having done extensive work in state and federal courts on an array of sex charges. He has particular experience putting his unsurpassed litigation skills to work for those accused of soliciting sex on a computer and pornography-related charges.
If you are accused of a sex crime, it is imperative to hire a criminal defense attorney skilled and experienced in defending these complex cases. It is equally vital to get an attorney on your side as quickly as possible. Our law firm moves immediately to investigate and develop challenges that may benefit you. Each piece of evidence is carefully scrutinized — DNA test results, witness statements, medical reports, police files and, in the case of Internet crimes, the technology used to obtain evidence.
Pursuing the best possible outcome
Our demonstrated record includes convincing investigators to conclude a case without filing charges, negotiating favorable plea agreements, successfully defending charges in court and prevailing on appeal.
Sex abuse accusations against family members and close friends are common. Our attorneys break down these cases to uncover the truth, so that investigators and, if necessary, jurors have an accurate picture of the facts.
We defend all types of sex crimes, including:
- Crimes against nature and incest
- Solicitation of a prostitute
- Sexual exploitation of a minor (first, second or third degree) via the Internet
- Solicitation of a minor for sex via the Internet
- Misdemeanor sexual battery
- Sexual assault
- Rape (both statutory and common law) and sex offenses
- Indecent liberties with a child
- Sexual activity by a substitute parent or custodian, or with a student
- Failure to register as a sex offender
The Greensboro law firm you want when you are in serious trouble
See the difference experienced, comprehensive representation can make in your sex abuse case. Contact The Clifford Division at 336-574-2788 or online for a free consultation. We offer payment plans, and our office is conveniently located two blocks from the courthouse.
Cases We Handle
- Criminal cases in North Carolina District Court and Superior Court in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- 50B and 50C protection order cases in both North Carolina District Courts in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- Federal criminal cases
- Misdemeanors in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina in Greensboro, Winston-Salem and sometimes Statesville and Durham
- Felonies in all four cities and on a case-by-case basis in any federal court in the United States
- Federal civil forfeiture cases, post-conviction work and investigations
on an individual basis
- Private prosecutions in state court on a case-by-case basis