A Reputation as Wise, Determined Advocates Serving Greensboro Clients
Effective, skilled representation when you need it most
An arrest by federal agents may be the most frightening event you and your family ever face. Our objective at The Clifford Division of Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP is to guide you through this ordeal by listening carefully to your needs and tailoring our highly effective representation to meet those needs.
We are among the premier Greensboro criminal defense lawyers, though we will consider a federal case in any jurisdiction, particularly those in North Carolina. Our experience in federal court gives our clients a distinct advantage when it comes to negotiation and trial. In our more than 50 combined years of practice, we have tried nearly every type of federal case.
Dedicated defense against serious accusations
We have distinguished ourselves as criminal defense attorneys through our commitment to integrity and proven results. This commitment has resulted in a long record of reduced charges, dismissals and successful dispositions before cases ever reach trial. We also have obtained many not-guilty verdicts in felonies and misdemeanors, as well as reduced sentences following guilty pleas or verdicts.
Sometimes, trial is not always in our client's best interest. We pride ourselves on working very hard to craft a reasonable alternative to trial when it is appropriate for our client.
We regularly succeed in cases in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Statesville and Durham.
We represent clients charged with or under investigation by a grand jury for:
Our attorneys regularly consult with clients who have been subpoenaed to testify before a federal grand jury. It is critical that you understand all the ramifications of the testimony. It is always a good idea to consider consulting an attorney before talking to any law enforcement officials, before making a statement to any law enforcement official and before appearing before any grand jury — even if you are not the target.
Greensboro, NC attorneys defending federal criminal charges
Federal charges carry stiff penalties. Do not settle for inexperienced legal representation. Each attorney at our division has the credentials and experience to protect your rights through the end of your case.
Contact us at 336-574-2788 or online for a free consultation to discuss your options.
Cases We Handle
- Criminal cases in North Carolina District Court and Superior Court in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- 50B and 50C protection order cases in both North Carolina District Courts in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- Federal criminal cases
- Misdemeanors in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina in Greensboro, Winston-Salem and sometimes Statesville and Durham
- Felonies in all four cities and on a case-by-case basis in any federal court in the United States
- Federal civil forfeiture cases, post-conviction work and investigations
on an individual basis
- Private prosecutions in state court on a case-by-case basis