Respected Criminal Law Attorneys
Serving Greensboro and High Point with distinction
The Clifford Division of Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP understands the threat a criminal investigation or arrest is to your freedom and your livelihood. That is why we advocate so aggressively to protect your rights and pursue the best possible outcome.
Our two lawyers have a combined experience of more than 50 years practicing criminal law and we have encountered so many variables that impact a case. We know each client's situation is unique. Therefore, we examine every case and tailor the optimal strategy for success. Clearly the best outcomes start with not being charged in the first place, then having the charge dismissed by the prosecution or the judge. After that, successful outcomes may include acquittal or a hung jury with a no retrial decision by the prosecutor. When these are not realistic goals, acceptable outcomes may be a reduced charge or a reduced sentence.
Do not delay. Too much is at risk.
The best defense is an early one. The moment you suspect you or your business is under investigation, do yourself a favor and contact an attorney. There is so much we can do in the early stages of an investigation, including presenting evidence to stave off a prosecution or obtain reduced charges.
If you already face charges, you still have options. With early representation, we may be able to help you:
- Obtain a deferred prosecution plan that could result in a dismissal
- Obtain a voluntary dismissal
- Reach an agreement to assist the state or federal government in its investigation or prosecution of other cases to reduce your charge or sentence
- Work out the best plea agreement possible
We work closely with you, ensuring you are fully informed about your options so you can choose the right defensive position.
Even after a conviction, our attorneys may still have the opportunity to reduce your sentence.
Vigorous felony and misdemeanor defense in North Carolina
Locke and Andrew Clifford each served as assistant district attorneys in Guilford County. That experience, combined with years in negotiation and in the courtroom, has resulted in a full understanding of the law, the judicial system and prosecutors' strategies.
Our attorneys have earned a reputation for excellence by being tough negotiators and litigators. We have helped defendants in nearly all aspects of criminal law, including those facing charges related to felonies and misdemeanors, in state and federal courts, including:
- Assault — From simple bar brawls to gunfights, our lawyers provides the caliber of defense demanded by our clients who are facing assault charges.
- Domestic violence — Each lawyer in our division handles domestic violence and abuse cases with discretion and determination.
- Driver's license suspension — Our attorneys understand the importance of retaining your driving privileges and fight to help you keep them in the face of a license suspension.
- Drug crimes — We represent clients charged with every type of drug crime, from possession to delivery.
- DWI — Challenging drunk driving charges is our forte; we understand the laws surrounding DWI charges and put our knowledge to work for you.
- Expungements — New laws permit many non-violent offenders to wipe their records clean. We can help with this complex process.
- Homicide — We skillfully handle all violent death cases, including capital crimes.
- Juvenile charges — When your child's future is in jeopardy, our attorneys fight for the best possible outcome.
- Sex crimes — We have significant experience ferreting out details of Internet child pornography cases, family sexual abuse claims and prostitution and rape cases.
- Traffic violations — When a speeding or other driving infraction threatens your license and your insurance rates, The Clifford Division lawyers are on your side.
- Weapons charges — Some of the most serious crimes involve handguns. We make certain you have the best possible defense against weapons charges.
- White collar crimes — From all types of fraud to racketeering, our lawyers have the resources and knowledge to achieve optimal results for clients accused of white collar crimes.
Innovative Greensboro criminal defense lawyers
For a criminal law attorney who understands how to attack the prosecution's case, contact The Clifford Division at 336-574-2788 or online for free consultation with an experienced, committed defense attorney. We accept credit cards and can arrange payment plans to make the situation easier on you and your family.
Cases We Handle
- Criminal cases in North Carolina District Court and Superior Court in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- 50B and 50C protection order cases in both North Carolina District Courts in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- Federal criminal cases
- Misdemeanors in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina in Greensboro, Winston-Salem and sometimes Statesville and Durham
- Felonies in all four cities and on a case-by-case basis in any federal court in the United States
- Federal civil forfeiture cases, post-conviction work and investigations
on an individual basis
- Private prosecutions in state court on a case-by-case basis