Our own Locke Clifford once again found himself in the news this summer; although this time surprisingly, it was not for his expertise as a criminal lawyer. While walking along Holden Beach this summer, Locke discovered the rare shell of a very large female horseshoe crab and with the help of the Museum of Coastal Carolina, had it preserved. The shell measured more than 30 inches from the tip of its tail to the top of its shell, was 18 inches wide, and weighed 8 to 10 pounds. You can read more about Locke's summer discovery at http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/2013130819873.
Thanks to the StarNews of Wilmington, N.C., and StarNewsOnline.com for the article and photograph!
Cases We Handle
- Criminal cases in North Carolina District Court and Superior Court in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- 50B and 50C protection order cases in both North Carolina District Courts in Guilford County, including Greensboro and High Point
- Federal criminal cases
- Misdemeanors in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina in Greensboro, Winston-Salem and sometimes Statesville and Durham
- Felonies in all four cities and on a case-by-case basis in any federal court in the United States
- Federal civil forfeiture cases, post-conviction work and investigations
on an individual basis
- Private prosecutions in state court on a case-by-case basis